Effective as of May 4, 2021
You may voluntarily provide personal information about yourself and others to the School or to service providers acting on our behalf when using our Service. This may include information such as your name, contact information, employment information, demographic information, financial account or payment card information, information pertaining to your interests, or additional information you choose to provide to us. For example, we may collect this information when you submit forms through our Site, complete our surveys, donate to our School, purchase items in our online stores, create a profile in MySchoolApp, register for events, or send us an inquiry.
You may choose to provide personal information about students of the School, prospective students, and other individuals applying or registering for our programs, such as their names, ages, genders, birthdates, addresses, medical information, extracurricular interests, and educational information. We may collect this information, for instance, when you register students for the Dance School or the Music School, upload information to MySchoolApp, or submit required health forms.
Students may also provide personal information to the School and other members of the School community, including through third-party applications we use. For example, students may provide personal information when they attend virtual classes, upload their homework, or connect with teachers and classmates through these applications. Please see below for more information about third-party applications integrated into the Service.
We may receive information about students and prospective students from third parties and combine that information with other personal information that we collect. For example, when your child uses the ISEE or SSAT to apply to the School, the testing organization will share your child’s test information with the School for our admissions purposes. We may also obtain information about other individuals from third parties, such as information used for fundraising purposes.
We may use the personal and technical information we collect for any lawful purpose. These purposes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To provide the School’s services, including to process applications for admission, create student and parent directories, and register you or your child for School programs and services;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests;
- To fundraise and process financial donations;
- To communicate with website visitors, students, parents, applicants, alumni, and others;
- To provide updates, surveys, and other content that may be of interest to you;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, advertising and marketing, payment processing, and operational purposes;
- To maintain, operate, customize, and improve the Service;
- To comply with law enforcement and maintain the security of our Service and our School; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
We share the personal information we collect through the Service with parties affiliated with The Bryn Mawr School including, to the extent permitted by law:
- With parents/guardians of a student;
- With our teachers and other employees of the School;
- With other members of our School community, such as through the publication of student and parent directories;
- With our School alumni, such as through the publication of alumni directories; and
- With volunteers, contractors, consultants, integrated web applications, and other third parties that help us provide certain activities and features including academic, enrollment, tuition, fundraising, and communications or marketing services. Please see the “Third-Party Tools and Links” section below for additional information.
We also share the personal information we collect through the Service with outside organizations in limited ways, such as when such sharing is:
- At your direction or request (including direction by a student’s parent/guardian on behalf of the student), such as providing student information to third parties related to standardized testing, transfers to a new school, or applications and placement for higher education;
- With accreditation, oversight, and research authorities, or with our professional advisors such as attorneys;
- Part of a sale, merger or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or as otherwise required or requested by law, regulation, or government and oversight authorities, or to protect our rights or the rights or safety of third parties, including in connection with a health or safety emergency and in connection with disciplinary proceedings; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share technical information, as well as any other information that has been de-identified or aggregated so that it does not identify you personally, without restriction.
Third-Party Tools and Links
The Service includes links to third-party websites and apps and also integrates third-party web applications that we use to support a variety of functions. We provide information to these integrated third-party web applications as described above, and the integrated applications may also collect information directly. In cases where we enable students under age 13 to provide personal information directly to third parties through such integrated applications, The Bryn Mawr School has reviewed the third party and provided consent on behalf of the students’ parents or guardians for the third parties’ data collection. You can view a list of the third-party applications
currently integrated into the Service and links to their privacy policies.
Some parts of the Service may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with social media features on the Service, those social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public.
Your interactions with third-party companies as described in this section and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of these companies.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Service and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
You can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance Webchoices tool at www.aboutads.info
to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program. If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices exercised through the DAA Webchoices tool. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
We also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Service and our other online services, and other sites over time, for non-advertising purposes. For example, the Service uses Google Analytics to improve the performance of the Service and for other analytics purposes. For more information about how Google collects and uses data when you use our Service, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
You may always opt out of receiving future marketing correspondence from us by using the unsubscribe link provided in each marketing message. If you opt out, we will continue to send messages related to our transactions or relationship with you.
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
Questions About Our Policies