Director of Advancement Services
We are seeking a Director of Advancement Services, a new position in the Development Office. Working as a member of the Development Office, with a $4M dollar annual fundraising goal, and reporting to the Director of Development, the Director of Advancement Services will support the major gift fundraising work of the Development Office. She/He is responsible for prospect research, reporting, moves management and stewardship support for all constituencies. The Director of Advancement Services will manage the Director of Records and the Records Assistant.
The Bryn Mawr School is an independent, nonsectarian all-girls school for grades K-12, with a coed preschool. Founded in 1885, Bryn Mawr is one of the oldest college-preparatory schools for girls in the country. The school's five founders – M. Carey Thomas, Mary Elizabeth Garrett, Julia Rogers, Mamie Gwinn and Elizabeth King – were determined to offer girls the opportunity to receive the same quality of education then available to boys. It was a radical idea for its time. Guided by the school's first headmistress, the renowned classicist Edith Hamilton, Bryn Mawr became known as a center for academic rigor and inquiry, and maintains this reputation today.
Our goal is to help women succeed by empowering them. We are dedicated to providing girls and young women with the opportunities they deserve. Our students question, lead, achieve and succeed, and they are passionate about lifelong learning. With the support of their teachers and the Bryn Mawr community, they are raising their own expectations about their capabilities – in the classroom, on the stage, in the studio and on the playing field.Specific Responsibilities:
- Identify and conduct ongoing research of prospects, to include downloads from DonorScape.
- Write and maintain prospect profiles.
- Manage gift acknowledgement and pledge reminder letter generation process for major, endowment and capital gifts.
- Coordinate, attend, and take minutes for Development Committee, Committee on Trustees meetings and Campaign meetings.
- Schedule and coordinate Staff, Prospect Manager, and Pipeline meetings.
- Generate and analyze pipeline reports and prospect manager reports.
- Generate monthly gift reports to be shared with the Business Office.
- Manage and execute all routine data reporting for annual benchmarking purposes (NAIS, AIMS, VSE, and CAE surveys).
- Generate and proofread data for annual Report of Gifts.
- Preparing monthly gift reconciliations with reports from the Business Office and fundraising progress reports for staff and volunteers as well as the end-of-year financial report preparation for the auditors.
- Manage ongoing stewardship of constituents connected to named endowment funds, including the gathering of student scholarship recipient information, student-authored letters to donors, and endowment values, and incorporate this information into regular donor correspondence.
- Manage ongoing stewardship of spending of donor restricted gifts to the school.
- Manage ongoing stewardship of constituents connected to student awards, including invitations to yearly awards ceremonies and follow-up correspondence including information about award recipients.
- Assist in devising and implementing stewardship strategies for endowment, planned giving, and capital donors.
- Support management of the planned giving program.
- Manage the Director of Records, who manages Raiser’s Edge database, to ensure the integrity and accuracy of information entered into the database and that all protocols have been followed.
- Serve as the integration liaison between Raiser’s Edge and Education Edge, and work closely with Director of Data to ensure ongoing communication and smooth interface between the two databases. This includes managing ongoing database maintenance and procedures to ensure accuracy, consistency, and integrity. Familiarity with Blackbaud NXT a plus.
- Manage summer database changes and coordinate changes with Records Assistant.
- Ensure compliance with IRS regulations regarding charitable gifts and CASE Management and Reporting Standards (CMRS) and the EOY closing process.
- Support the fundraising efforts of the endowment, planned giving, and capital giving programs.
- Support the Director of Development in execution of tasks related to his/her role.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Ann Kangas, Interim Director of Development, to email@example.com
Please enter “Director of Advancement Services” in the subject line.