The Bryn Mawr School values a diverse workplace. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national or ethnic origin, or disability in administration of its hiring, educational, and admissions policies.
Middle School English - Long Term Substitute [Maternity Leave]
The Bryn Mawr School seeks a part time, Middle School English maternity leave substitute for November through January of the 2015-16 school year. Responsibilities include teaching three sections of 7th grade English, advising a small group of students, and serving as a member of a grade-level faculty team. Candidates should have interest in teaching highly motivated girls in a school that values not only intellectual pursuits but also building strong relationships and community. The ideal candidate has some experience teaching middle school English and a flexible schedule during the hours of 8am to 2:30pm.
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website (www.brynmawrschool.org) to learn more about the school’s mission, program, and culture. Qualified candidates should send a resume and a list of at least three current references to Elaine Swyryn, Dean of Faculty, at firstname.lastname@example.org Please enter “MS English Sub” in the subject line.
The Bryn Mawr School has an opening for a full-time Website Developer. Reporting to the Director of Technology, the ideal candidate will oversee the development and maintenance of the Bryn Mawr website and implement a long-term vision for expanded website services. Strong communication skills and an ability to work with a skilled group of professionals in a highly collaborative environment are essential.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, document, and maintain The Bryn Mawr School website, portals, and related web services
- Provide training and support to staff who create content for the website and other online communications
- Remain current with developments related to web technologies
- Assist in the recommendation and maintenance of web policies, publishing of guidelines, and documentation
- Work closely with the Communications Office and Database Administrator to ensure a consistent and data-centric experience for our website users
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Technology
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or two years professional experience developing web applications
- Ability to work independently, to problem solve, and to exercise initiative
- Forward-thinking with technical knowledge about the latest developments and internet features such as responsive design
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong customer-orientation and ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and administrators
- Knowledge of Blackbaud and the Whipple Hill onSuite products a plus
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a list of at least three current references to Justin Curtis, Director of Technology, at email@example.com Please enter “Web Developer” in the subject line.
Back to top
The Bryn Mawr School is interested in interviewing qualified candidates to serve as Music School Coordinator and/or AKCC Administrative Assistant. Qualified candidates will be considered for one or both parts of the job based on interest, availability, and skill set. The combined jobs would equal 30 hours. If you are interested in either or both of the part time jobs listed, please email Director of Music, Alyson Shirk, at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest. Include a cover letter and resume and enter "Music School/AKCC" in the subject line.
Music School Coordinator
This part-time position coordinates the applied lessons program for the Music School. Candidates should have familiarity with, a working knowledge of, and experience with the applied music programs in school settings. Candidates should possess organizational, problem-solving, communication, leadership, and time-management skills. Candidates must be able to mediate with diplomacy and serves as liaison between the Bryn Mawr School staff, faculty, parents, students, and teachers. Candidates must possess strong communication skills through email, phone, and in public settings. Comfort with basic accounting is desired as is skill with computers and various campus technologies. This position provides support and guidance to the applied music staff and reports to Alyson Shirk, Director of Music.
AKCC Administrative Assistant
This part time position enrolls students in the American Kodály Children’s Chorus and is in charge of all ordering and disbursement of uniforms, materials, books, and music. Candidates must be available to be onsite during AKCC’s operational hours (Tuesday evenings from 4:30-8:30) and is the emergency contact for the program during rehearsal hours. Candidates must also be available for all concert performances and rehearsals and serves as liaison between the Bryn Mawr School staff, AKCC faculty and parents, and students. Candidates must possess strong communication skills through email, phone, and in public settings. Comfort with basic accounting is desired as is skill with computers and various campus technologies. This position provides support and guidance to AKCC music staff and registered students and reports to Alyson Shirk, Director of Music.
Back to top
There are currently no positions available.
If you have interest please apply by emailing Wendy Kridel at email@example.com
Back to top