Major Gifts Officer
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Major Gifts Officer will manage, nurture and enhance relationships with donor prospects to improve probability of continued and increased support of The Bryn Mawr School. Working in concert with other members of the development staff, the Major Gifts Officer will manage a major gifts fundraising plan to identify, qualify, steward and solicit high capacity prospects.
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of prospects to match donor's interests with school priorities and acquire the financial support necessary to support Bryn Mawr. In addition, the Major Gifts Officer works with other staff, teachers, administrators and volunteers to increase enthusiasm, advocacy, and overall gift support for the School. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be welcomed into a community that celebrates the uniqueness of each staff member and student.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Identify, cultivate, and steward relationships with individuals that lead to major gift and planned gift solicitations in support of Bryn Mawr. The expectation is that this work will include engaging with those prospects not currently involved with the school as well as with known prospects. The Major Gifts Officer is also responsible for securing support for The Fund for Bryn Mawr from assigned prospects as part of effective engagement.
- Work with the Senior Director of Development and Head of School to develop and craft specific proposals to obtain financial support from assigned prospects.
- Manage a portfolio of 100 to 125 assigned prospects who are deemed to have the capacity to make major and/or planned gifts to Bryn Mawr. The management of these prospects will require the Major Gifts Officer to develop, maintain, and implement strategies or prospect plans that will lead to successful solicitations of gifts of $5,000 or greater.
- Engage in significant local, regional, and national travel with an expectation of completing a minimum of 100 face-to-face visits per year and a minimum of 15 major gift solicitations.
- File timely prospect reports in Raiser's Edge documenting contacts, solicitations, and meetings and provide regular reports to the major gift team within the Development Office.
- Prepare written and oral presentations and proposals as needed and provide staff support to the Head of School, Senior Director of Development, and volunteer leadership engaged in major gift activities.
- Strategize prospect engagement consistently with the Senior Director of Development, Head of School, Board of Trustees, and fellow staff members as appropriate. Participate in bi-weekly meetings with Development staff and the major gift team to plan, implement, and evaluate objectives and strategies for building the major gift program at Bryn Mawr.
- Effectively utilize the time, talents, and energy of volunteers through training and guidance that will ensure successful fundraising activities.
- Participate in key Bryn Mawr events to interact with donors and prospects as well as keep apprised of timely and relevant school information.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Development.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2-4 years of individual face-to-face solicitation experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as an engaged team member.
- Ability to set and meet goals and deadlines through collaboration and persistence.
- Must have experience using Microsoft office suite and complex databases.
- Attention to detail and ability to execute multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Availability to travel and attend occasional evening and weekend events.
Please send resume and cover letter to Kim Morton
. No phone calls please.