U.S. History Summer Institute
This summer, The Bryn Mawr School is pleased to host the second-annual U.S. History Summer Institute, which will provide essential content knowledge and state-of-the-field United States history topics to high school U.S. History teachers.
Each day a different professor will give three 90-minute lectures on topics pertinent to the teaching of United States history in the high school classroom. This year’s focus areas will include the Colonial, late nineteenth century, and post-1945 periods, along with thematically-focused lectures on U.S. foreign relations and American Indian history.
Click here to read a letter from the organizers with full details about the Institute.
- Dr. Carol Berkin, City University of New York
- Dr. Rebecca Edwards, Vassar College
- Dr. Akim Reinhardt, Towson University
- Dr. Nishani Frazier, Miami University of Ohio
- Dr. Brian Etheridge, University of Baltimore
- View the full agenda
Dates and Location
- June 24-28, 2013
- The Bryn Mawr School
109 W. Melrose Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
- The Bryn Mawr School U.S. History Summer Institute has contracted with the Holiday Inn--Timonium to provide rooms at the rate of $109.00 per night. The hotel is conveniently located off of I-83 and is only 15 minutes from the workshop location in Mt. Washington.
- There is a Chili’s attached to the hotel, and Bob Evans and the Macaroni Grill are just across the street. The hotel has a small workout room and an outdoor pool.
- You can visit the hotel website at http://www.holidayinn.com/TIMONIUMMD
- The Holiday Inn--Timonium was recently renovated. Each room features a 32-inch LCD flat screen TV with over 100 channels, high-speed Internet access and "Refresh" bedding. Breakfast is offered daily for $8.00.
Learn more about Bryn Mawr through our school infographic!